Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slacker Hill

Slacker Hill. The two words together are an oxymoron. Thankfully, someone at our group hike on Saturday knew where the hill got its name. Apparently, the Army used to make slackers run up the hill as punishment.

I know I've been saying it all season, but WOW - the Bay Area is a gorgeous place! There are so many trails easily accessible throughout the area. Slacker Hill is just on the Marin side of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was hoping that we'd have some great views, and it didn't disappoint. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked (as usual), but this was my favorite - the view from the top of Slacker Hill.

We've started really gearing up for the Big Day (less than a month now!) I've started experimenting with different electrolyte replacement strategies. My favorite so far are the Jelly Belly jelly beans - Sport Beans! What a great idea, eh? (Some even have caffeine!)

No comments: