Sunday, March 9, 2008

Redwood Regional Park


Redwood Regional Park
Originally uploaded by maisnon
I'm (fairly) new to the area, and I've found that whenever anyone mentions anything and I don't know where it is.... it's in the East Bay. This week, our team hike was in the East Bay and I welcomed the chance to get to know that region a little better.

We started off at the Trudeau Training Center for some clinics on strength training and first aid. Then, we headed out on to the trail for a 2.5 hour hike. I started off with my brand new trekking poles, and quickly abandoned them. I really need to learn how to use them! This weeks goal: watch the DVD, and start PRACTICING!

The hike was beautiful, although we didn't see much in the way of (non-domesticated) fauna. We say many, many dogs - all of whom looked beside themselves with joy to be running around, and to be petted by 50-odd people. This trail is also used by equestrians - so there were a handful of horses.

Our turnaround came after about 10 minutes of walking downhill. This, of course, means that we had to turn around and head straigh UPHILL. Oh, Hill - my nemesis - we meet again.

I was sore and kind of uncoordinated (even for me) yesterday, and moderately sore the next day. I cabbed it into the Mission this morning for brunch and took the long (FLAT) way home and feel a lot better.

Next week: Marin Headlands!

No comments: